KCSMW Volleyball Tournament Calling all Malayalee volleyball teams !!
Cash Prizes and Trophies : Exciting rewards await winners !!
Event Date : August 5th, 6.30 AM - 1 PM. In case of rain or any delays, remaining matches will be played on August 06
Team Composition : Men's teams can have a maximum of 2 non-Malayali players in the playing 6, while women's teams can have up to 3. Each team can have a maximum of 8 people, with 6 players on the field.
Note: If you are already part of a team, please provide your Team name in the registration form. Otherwise, we will help you form a team on a first-come, first-serve basis. While we can't guarantee a spot, if we are unable to add you to a team, we will issue a refund.
Early bird benefits : Free breakfast for those who register by July 30th
- Category : Separate tournaments for Men's and Women's
- Six players on the court for each team
- Before the ball is served, each player must be in their designated area, and in proper rotation
- A team must rotate one position prior to every serve (No need to rotate for first service break).
- Players may only hit the ball on their side of the net. A player may not attack a ball that has not yet crossed the vertical plane of the net on either the first or second hit, provided that neither of these hits were attacks.
- No serve may be blocked or attacked.
- A legal hit is a slap or bounce type action. There must be no prolonged contact.
- Players are permitted to penetrate into the opponent’s space under the net, provided that this does not interfere with the opponents play.
- Contact with the net by a player IS A FAULT. When the ball is driven into the net and causes it to touch an opponent, no fault is committed.
- Insignificant contact with the net by a player not involved in the action of playing the ball is allowed.
- The ball may touch any part of the body.
- Referee’s decision is final and binding on both the teams – in clear cut calls as well as any grey areas. The Referee may call for a replay in close cases where he is unable to make a decision. The captain may remind the referee about any specific lapses in rules enforcement so referee is aware for further play.
- The team captain is responsible for discipline and proper conduct of team members, and is the only player who may address the referees and shall be the spokesperson of his/her team.
- Referees and organizing committee reserve the right to evict any player/team for unsportsmanlike conduct of any nature.
- If the ball hit the branches, if the direction is not changed, then it is fine to pass the ball to opponent court. Referee can make a final decision on whether it is foul or not.
- One player may not intentionally hit the ball twice in succession; however, the ball may unintentionally bounce off one player twice on a team’s first hit.
- Scoring rules: A match is a set of 3 games. A game is won when a team scores 15 points and is ahead by at least two points. No game shall exceed 19 points. If two teams are tied at 18, the next point wins.
- The winner of the coin toss has the choice of service or side of court. The team not serving first in the game shall serve first in the second game.Service for the third game will be determined by a coin toss.
- The winner of each group stage match gets 2 points. The top two teams from each group will advance to the next round. If there is a tie, the total point difference from all sets in the group stage will be considered to decide the top teams.
Substitution Method: Substitutions allowed before the serve with unlimited substitutions.
Field of Play:
- Dimensions: 60 feet long by 30 feet wide
- Net Height: 7.7 feet
- Playing Surface: Cement Floor
Sportsmanship: Players, coaches, and spectators are expected to display good sportsmanship at all times. Referee abuse will not be tolerated, and any such conduct will lead to ejection without a refund for the offending team.
- KCS Kayikamela Volleyball
August 5, 2023
6:30 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Legacy Park
Legacy Park Volleyball Court 2, Brambleton, VA 20148