KCSMW STEAM Day - STEM Competition
Open to Elementary, Middle, and High School students in the DMV.
- Participants currently enrolled in Elementary, Middle, and High School are eligible to participate in the event, your participation is completely voluntary.
- A participant can participate as an individual or as a team of two.
- A participant is allowed to participate only in one project.
- There will be 3 judging categories - Elementary, Middle and High School.
- A team can consist of participants within the same category (Elementary, Middle or High school).
- Participants are expected to maintain the highest standard of honesty and integrity.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Safety Rules - All hazardous substances or devices, flames or flammable materials, dry ice, sharp materials, animals, and body fluids are not permitted.
Guidelines for Project Display
- Each group will be assigned a number and a corresponding table to set-up the project during check-in.
- Projects not displayed by 3:15 PM will be disqualified.
- Display project board size – standard, three-panel display that unfolds to be 36" tall by 48" wide.
- The tri-fold presentation board must stand by itself.
- During judging and public viewing, please be patient and stay with your project.
- Participants must be present during the entire judging process to be eligible for awards.
- It is the participants responsibility to clean up the project and any project materials at the end of the event.
- April 29, 2023
2:30 pm - 6:30 pm