Malayalam Class & Cultural Awareness Program
KCS Kalari Locations
KCS Kalari currently has four centers in the DMV with around 200 students. New classes start in September of each year.
Registration for AY2023-24 is open until September 10, 2023. The KCS Kalari centers are conducting classes this year in a hybrid fashion - primarily online with few in-person classes. Availability to join depends on the class limit for each center and may close earlier or later than the date mentioned.
Click here to register.
Our locations and general timing:
Loudoun County, VA:
Classes are held every Friday (5:00pm-6:30pm)
Classes are held every Friday (6:30pm-8:30pm)
Classes are held every Saturday (9:30am-12:30pm)
Note: Actual timing for each class and duration falls within the general timing provided.
"കളരി ദിനം," is an annual day celebration for all KCS Kalari Centers and it coincides around Kerala Piravi.
- Watch 2022 Kalari Dinam Program with Chief Guest UPENN Malayalam Lecturer, Dr. James Kurichi and Rtd. Malayalam Teacher, Smt. Rema Anantharaman
- Watch 2021 Kalari Dinam Virtual Programs
- Watch 2020 Kalari Dinam Virtual Program with Chief Guest Kavalam Sreekumar
- Watch 2019 Kalari Dinam Programs with Chief Guest Dr. P. C. Nair
- Watch 2015 Kalari Dinam Programs with Chief Guest Shri. John Attumaly
- Watch 2014 Kalari Dinam Programs
"കലാവേദി" provides an opportunity for each student within their Kalari to coordinate and conduct talent shows.
KCS Kalari's goal is to promote the use of Malayalam and kindle the love of Malayalam in new generation. We believe that it's through the cultural language, one learns to embrace and their own identity, roots, and culture that later becomes the strength in paving a path of success for themselves, emerging as their best version, and uplifting those around them.
Anyone can learn Malayalam. And for those who are able to learn on their own, Malayalam Mission offers Bhoomi Malayalam, a free online Malayalam language course.