KCSMW presents eTalent Season 4, our online talent search. Our aim is to bring together the best of talents to this creative platform through social media... so to all artists, get ready to unleash your energy and creativity.
eTalent Season 4 General rules and Guidelines
- All participants must register through our website .
- Participants must be residing in the MD/DC/VA states.
- All registrations should be submitted by February 28th, 2022. Registrations received after February 28th , 2022 will not be considered. Date for submitting entries will be on later dates as indicated below.
- All registrations and competition entries must be submitted by midnight on their respective deadlines.
- The registration fee for each participant is $8.00 per item to a maximum of $30 for four or more items.
- For duet events, each participant will have to register individually by paying the respective registration fee and will be considered as a single entry for other awards and calculations.
- The fee should be submitted online along with the registration form.
- Registration fee will not be refunded after registration and registration is not complete without receipt of payment.
- An item in the competition will only be conducted if there is a minimum of three entries for the item in that age category. The entry fee paid by participants for canceled items will be refunded, if applicable.
- KCSMW reserves the right to terminate or extend the contest at any time, or to accept or reject entries at its absolute discretion without assigning any reason for the same.
Events and Categories:
- Competitions will be conducted in three event sections and three age categories
- There will be three sections for competitive items. Section A, Section B and Section C. Please refer to the event specific guidelines for each category.
- Section A – Karaoke Indian (solo & duet), Karaoke Non-Indian, Classical Music and Poetry Recitation (Malayalam & English)
- Section B – Cinematic Dance (solo & duet), Folk Dance, Fancy Dress and Instrumental Music ( String & Keyboard/ Piano)
- Section C – Elocution (Malayalam & English), TikTok ( Solo & Group), Movie Scene Photo and Adzap.
- Last Dates for submitting entries for each section are:
- March 20 – Section A
- April 3 – Section B
- April 10 – Section C
- All events are common for male and female participants. Group events may be performed jointly or separately among males and females.
- If the participants in a duet or group item are different age groups of that competition, the entry will be considered for the judging in the age group of the older participant.
- Even though you are performing from your home for the eTalent competition, please perform with utmost seriousness wearing most suitable / professional attire and manners.
- KCSMW reserves the right to add or modify categories at any time.
Category Group by age
Junior under 11 Years as of January 1st 2022 (born on or after January 1st 2011)
Senior 11 to 18 Years as of January 1st 2022 (born between January 1st 2004 & December 31st 2010)
Adults above 18 years as of January 1st 2022 (born before January 1st 2004)
- There will be a Special Grand Prize Winner “eTalent Superstar” (mentioned ETS hereinafter).
- Participants from Junior and Senior categories only will be considered for ETS.
- ETS must win at least one first, second or third prize from any two of the three sections mentioned above. The winner with the overall highest points will win the ETS. He or she must score more points than any other contestants participated in all items. The points from duet/group items also will be considered in the determination of ETS. If there is a tie, the person with the maximum number of first prizes will be declared as the winner. Second Tie break will be based on the number of second prizes. If there is no winner still, the person with the highest points from all the single items will be considered for the title.
- If such a person does not exist the total points earned will be considered for determining the ETS.
- For duet song and dance, one participant cannot contest more than once in the same item in the same age category.
- The first, second and third prize winners will be awarded 5, 3 and 1 points respectively for determining
Video Submission and Guidelines:
- All participants who submit the entries should be registered for that event. Any submissions received without registration will not be considered for judging.
- Record your videos using a smartphone, camera or camcorder.
- All videos should be recorded in landscape mode.
- Your video should not have anyone else other than the contestant (s).
- Contestants should be visible throughout the video for duet and group items.
- Your video should be taken just for this competition. YouTube video upload date should be after the commencement date of each contest announced by KCSMW.
- Registration number must be visibly displayed in the video either on the background/wall or pinned onto the participant’s clothing. For duet events, at least one participant’s registration number should be displayed.
- Videos submitted without the registration number displayed will be rejected.
Note - For TikTok, Movie scene Photo and Adzap competition it is not required to display the Registration number.
- Edited Videos are not allowed and will be rejected.
Note - For Adzap competition, edited videos are permitted.
- You need to upload your video to YouTube and mark it as “unlisted”. Do not make it “public”. Provide the YouTube video link when you submit the entries. (For submitting videos for TikTok, please refer to the individual rules for TikTok competition).
- Your YouTube video should be titled "KCSMW eTalent Season 4 – item name -Your registration number(s)".
- Once the form is submitted, participants cannot change their YouTube video link.
- KCSMW will not be responsible for any copyright violation in any of your YouTube videos.
- Your eTalent registration form along with your YouTube link must be received by midnight of the deadline. Any entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
- eTalent Event submission form can be accessed here.
Judging and Results:
- Winners will be decided based on the marks provided by a panel of competent judges selected by the KCSMW eTalent team, and their decisions will be final.
- Winners will be announced via Facebook and other electronic media. Awards will be distributed at a special event of KCSMW.
- KCSMW eTalent team judgments are final.
Visit the individual event pages shown below for further details on specific events.
- Karaoke Singing (Indian)
- Karaoke Singing (Non-Indian)
- Classical Music
- Poetry Recitation
- Cinematic Dance
- Folk Dance
- Instrumental Music
- Movie Scene Photo
- Fancy Dress
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org