KCSMW presents eTalent Season 5, our online talent search. Our aim is to bring together the best of talents to this creative platform through social media... so to all artists, get ready to unleash your energy and creativity.
eTalent Season 5 General rules and Guidelines
- All participants must register through our website .
- Participants must be residing in the MD/DC/VA states.
- Registrations are open until February 26th 2023 .
- After February 26th 2023 , registrations will be accepted until the respective submission deadlines for each item, however there will be a late registration fee of $10 per item.
- All registrations and competition entries must be submitted by midnight on their respective deadlines.
- Date for submitting entries will be on dates as indicated below. Submissions received after their respective deadlines will not be considered.
- Even if there is only one entry for an item, the competition will be conducted, and prizes will be awarded. If there are less than 3 entries for an item, participants will be awarded first or second prize, but points will NOT be considered towards eligibility for eTalent Superstar.
- The registration fee for each participant is $8.00 per item to a maximum of $30 for four or more items.
- For duet events, each participant will have to register individually by paying the respective registration fee and will be considered as a single entry for other awards and calculations.
- The fee should be submitted online along with the registration form.
- Registration fee will not be refunded after registration and registration is not complete without receipt of payment.
- KCSMW reserves the right to terminate or extend the contest at any time, or to accept or reject entries at its absolute discretion without assigning any reason for the same.
Events and Categories:
- Competitions will be conducted in three event sections and three age categories
- There will be three sections for competitive items. Section A, Section B and Section C. Please refer to the event specific guidelines for each category.
- Section A – Karaoke Indian (solo & duet), Karaoke Non-Indian, Classical Music and TikTok ( Solo & Group)
- Section B – Cinematic Dance (solo & duet), Folk Dance, Fancy Dress and Instrumental Music ( String & Keyboard/ Piano)
- Section C – Elocution (Malayalam & English), Poetry Recitation (Malayalam & English) , Movie Scene Photo and Story Telling (Malayalam & English).
- Last Dates for submitting entries for each section are:
- March 12 – Section A
- March 26 – Section B
- April 09 – Section C
- All events are common for male and female participants. Group events may be performed jointly or separately among males and females.
- If the participants in a duet or group item are different age groups of that competition, the entry will be considered for the judging in the age group of the older participant.
- Even though you are performing from your home for the eTalent competition, please perform with utmost seriousness wearing most suitable / professional attire and manners.
- KCSMW reserves the right to add or modify categories at any time.
Category Group by age
Junior Under 11 Years as of January 1st 2023 (born on or after January 1st 2012)
Senior 11 to 18 Years as of January 1st 2023 (born between January 1st 2005 & December 31st 2011)
Adults Above 18 years as of January 1st 2023 (born before January 1st 2005)
- There will be a Special Grand Prize Winner “eTalent Superstar” (mentioned ETS hereinafter).
- Participants from Junior and Senior categories only will be considered for ETS.
- ETS must win at least one first, second or third prize from any two of the three sections mentioned above. The winner with the overall highest points will win the ETS. He or she must score more points than any other contestants participated in all items. The points from duet/group items also will be considered in the determination of ETS. If there is a tie, the person with the maximum number of first prizes will be declared as the winner. Second Tie break will be based on the number of second prizes. If there is no winner still, the person with the highest points from all the single items will be considered for the title.
- If such a person does not exist the total points earned will be considered for determining the ETS.
- For duet song and dance, one participant cannot contest more than once in the same item in the same age category.
- The first, second and third prize winners will be awarded 5, 3 and 1 points respectively for determining
Video Submission and Guidelines:
- All participants who submit the entries should be registered for that event. Any submissions received without registration will not be considered for judging.
- Record your videos using a smartphone, camera or camcorder.
- All videos should be recorded in landscape mode.
- Your video should not have anyone else other than the contestant (s).
- Contestants should be visible throughout the video for duet and group items.
- Your video should be taken just for this competition. YouTube video upload date should be after the commencement date of each contest announced by KCSMW.
- Registration number must be visibly displayed in the video either on the background/wall or pinned onto the participant’s clothing. For duet events, at least one participant’s registration number should be displayed.
- Videos submitted without the registration number displayed will be rejected.
Note - For TikTok and Movie scene Photo competition it is not required to display the Registration number.
- Edited Videos are not allowed and will be rejected.
- You need to upload your video to YouTube and mark it as “unlisted”. Do not make it “public”. Provide the YouTube video link when you submit the entries. (For submitting videos for TikTok, please refer to the individual rules for TikTok competition).
- Your YouTube video should be titled "KCSMW eTalent Season 5 – item name -Your registration number(s)".
- Once the form is submitted, participants cannot change their YouTube video link.
- KCSMW will not be responsible for any copyright violation in any of your YouTube videos.
- Your eTalent submission form along with your YouTube link must be received by midnight of the deadline. Any entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
Judging and Results:
- Winners will be decided based on the marks provided by a panel of competent judges selected by the KCSMW eTalent team, and their decisions will be final.
- Winners will be announced via Facebook and other electronic media. Awards will be distributed at a special event of KCSMW.
- KCSMW eTalent team judgments are final.
Visit the individual event pages shown below for further details on specific events.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org