Poetry Recitation - Rules
- Competitions will be held separately for Malayalam & English Poetry.
- Time Limit up to 5 minutes.
- Participant must start their recitation by saying the title of the poem and the poet’s name (time begins when the participant starts talking).
- Any editorial comment before or after a poem is not allowed.
- The judgment will be based on Clarity, Audibility, Ability to convey emotions through voice modulation.
The participant will engage the audience through physical presence, including great body language, confidence — without appearing artificial. All qualities of the participant’s physical presence will work together to the benefit of the poem (10 points).
VOICE AND ARTICULATION
All words will be pronounced correctly, and the volume, speed, pacing, and phrasing will greatly enhance the poem (30 points).
APPROPRIATENESS OF DRAMATIZATION
The dramatization subtly highlights the meaning of the poem without becoming the focal point of the recitation. The performance is more about oral interpretation than dramatic enactment (30 points).
EVIDENCE OF UNDERSTANDING
The meaning of the poem will be powerfully and clearly conveyed to the audience. The performer will display an interpretation that deepens and enlivens the poem (15 points).
This category is to evaluate the overall success of the recitation, taking into account the above criteria, and the overall effect of the recitation (15 points).
* Please review the eTalent 2020 General Rules and submission guidelines below.
eTalent 2020- General Rules
- There is no entry fee required for this competition.
- All participants must register using the eTalent Form. For minor participants, one of the parents need to fill-in the form for the child.
- Participants must be residing in the MD/VA/DC metro area.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight on their respective deadlines.
- Record your videos using smart phone, camera or camcorder.
- You need to upload your video to YouTube and mark it as “unlisted”. Do not make it “public”. Provide the YouTube video link when you submit the eTalent Form.
- Your YouTube video should be titled "KCSMW eTalent Season 2 - Your First and Last name".
- eTalent Form can be accessed here.
- Once the form is submitted, participants can not change their YouTube video link.
- Your eTalent registration form along with your YouTube link must be received by midnight of the deadline. Any entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Your YouTube video will be reviewed by eTalent Team before it is published on Facebook.
- You will be notified via email, once your video is uploaded.
- There will be no separate competition for male and female categories.
- KCSMW will not be responsible for any copyright violation in any of your YouTube videos.
- Winners will be decided based on the marks provided by a panel of competent judges selected by the KCSMW eTalent team, and their decisions will be final.
- Winners will be announced via Facebook and other electronic media. Awards will be distributed at one of the major events of KCSMW.
- Your video should not have anyone else other than the contestant.
- Your video should be taken just for this competition. YouTube video upload date should be after the commencement date of each contest announced by KCSMW.
- Edited Videos are not allowed and will be rejected.
- KCSMW eTalent team judgments are final.
- KCSMW reserves the right to terminate or extend the contest at any time, or to accept or reject entries at its absolute discretion without assigning any reason for the same.
- KCSMW reserves the right to add or modify categories at any time.
Category Names Group
Sub. Junior Grades K thru 4th (use the grade level completed in June 2020)
Junior Grades 5th thru 8th (use the grade level completed in June 2020)
Senior Grades 9th thru 12 (use the grade level completed in June 2020)
Adults 18 and above