- Competitions will be held separately for Malayalam & English.
- Timing (4 minutes minimum, 5 minutes maximum).
- Pick a topic from the Topic List provided. Chose any one topic from your category (see list below).
- Introduction of the subject (5 points)
- Structure - organization, balance, development of material, major points, transition (10 points)
- Language Grammar - pronunciation, vocabulary, verbal clarity (15 points)
Content - relevance to topic, logic, originality, accuracy, anecdotes, illustrations (25 points)
- Delivery - appearance, poise, self-confidence, speaking style, voice modulation, facial expression, audience contact, enthusiasm, gesticulation, effectiveness, mannerisms (25 points)
- Permitted to use notes but, the speech should not be read verbatim and excessive reference of note will result in score deduction. (10 points)
- Recapitulation and conclusion (5 points)
- Timing (5 points)
English Elocution Topic List by Category:
1. What makes you a good friend?
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
1. Life during the pandemic.
2. The key to success is positive thinking.
1. Tackling COVID-19’s impact.
2. Education in the 21st century.
1. Science as a candle in the dark.
2. Indian Culture in America: Past, Present, and Future.
Malayalam Elocution Topic List by Category:
1. എനിക്ക് ഏറ്റവും ഇഷ്ടപ്പെട്ട അവധിക്കാലം
2. കേരളത്തിലെ ഒരു ഉത്സവം
1. പരിസ്ഥിതി സംരക്ഷണം
2. മലയാള ഭാഷ പഠനത്തിൻറെ പ്റാധാന്യം
1. കേരളം - ദൈവത്തിന്റെ സ്വ ന്തം നാട്
2. സോഷൃൽ മീഡിയയുടെ സ്വാധീനം സമൂഹത്തിൽ
1. ആചാരങ്ങളും മഹാമാരിയും
2. കേരളത്തെക്കുറിച്ചുള്ള എന്റെ ദർശനം
* Please review the eTalent 2020 General Rules and submission guidelines below.
eTalent 2020- General Rules
- There is no entry fee required for this competition.
- All participants must register using the eTalent Form. For minor participants, one of the parents need to fill-in the form for the child.
- Participants must be residing in the MD/VA/DC metro area.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight on their respective deadlines.
- Record your videos using smart phone, camera or camcorder.
- You need to upload your video to YouTube and mark it as “unlisted”. Do not make it “public”. Provide the YouTube video link when you submit the eTalent Form.
- Your YouTube video should be titled "KCSMW eTalent Season 2 - Your First and Last name".
- eTalent Form can be accessed here.
- Once the form is submitted, participants can not change their YouTube video link.
- Your eTalent registration form along with your YouTube link must be received by midnight of the deadline. Any entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Your YouTube video will be reviewed by eTalent Team before it is published on Facebook.
- You will be notified via email, once your video is uploaded.
- There will be no separate competition for male and female categories.
KCSMW will not be responsible for any copyright violation in any of your YouTube videos.
- Winners will be decided based on the marks provided by a panel of competent judges selected by the KCSMW eTalent team, and their decisions will be final.
- Winners will be announced via Facebook and other electronic media. Awards will be distributed at one of the major events of KCSMW.
- Your video should not have anyone else other than the contestant.
- Your video should be taken just for this competition. YouTube video upload date should be after the commencement date of each contest announced by KCSMW.
- Edited Videos are not allowed and will be rejected.
- KCSMW eTalent team judgments are final.
- KCSMW reserves the right to terminate or extend the contest at any time, or to accept or reject entries at its absolute discretion without assigning any reason for the same.
- KCSMW reserves the right to add or modify categories at any time.
Category Names Group
Sub. Junior Grades K thru 4th (use the grade level completed in June 2020)
Junior Grades 5th thru 8th (use the grade level completed in June 2020)
Senior Grades 9th thru 12 (use the grade level completed in June 2020)
Adults 18 and above